"Documentary series about everyday dramas. Carolyn is a 37 year-old mother of four in the midst of a passionate affair. She's spending up to 18 hours a day with her lover online on Second Life, the website. She has never met him, but, to her husband of nine year's dismay, she is abandoning her family and flying 5,000 miles to London to start a new life with her lover, Elliot. What makes this website, which has three million members, so compelling?"
Today there was a documentary on television about Second Life, the online virtual world. It was about how Second Life was so successful in creating a world space and people that it caused two people to fall in love. I found this really interesting because they felt that they could do everything inside Second Life that they could do in the real world. I joined Second Life and took a look around. It became apparent very fast that Second Life had all of the building, scripting, creating and networking tools necessary to do some pretty powerful things. Looking online I even found a live music concert. I am really interested in exploring the opportunities that this platform can provide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment